Sunday, February 20, 2011

RAMfest 5 - A preview


Less than two weeks to go until RAMfest 2011! This will be the 4th time that I attend RAMfest, and is by far my favourite weekend of the year. The venue for this insane festival is Nekkies, just outside Worcester. My 1st RAMfest was RAMfest 2, in 2008. The highlight of that weekend, for me, was the first time that I saw Lark live! What an amazing band! Other highlights, for me, included Hog Hoggidy Hog, Fuzigish, Battery 9, Taxi Violence, Knave and Kidofdoom. Here a a few foto's of that weekend - Thanx to Leon van Heerden















In 2009 I returned - no way I am missing RAMfest after my experience of the previous year. 2009 was bigger and better than 2008, no doubt. My favourite part of 2009 was once again Lark - they are truly amazing! Other highlights included the first major performance by Die Antwoord, the reunion show of V.O.D,  and brilliant performances by Isochronous, Kidofdoom and Fokofpolisiekar. Here a few pics (taken by myself)







2010 - and once again I returned - this time spending the weekend in the wonderful Kreef Hotel - a tented hotel, with warm showers, buffet breakfast, and other perks - well worth the money! 

Once again, Lark blew me away, with the rest of the line-up not far behind. Pendulum, Jack Parow, Fokofpolisiekar, Die Heuwels Fantasies, Boo! , kidofdoom and The Rudimentals were really, really good!


Now, for 2011. Weekend of 4-6 March. I cannot wait! No Lark this time around, but Not My Dog has re-united, and that should be good! Knave also returns to the festival after a 2 year absence,  with two international bands, Alkaline Trio and Funeral for a Friend. Other acts I cannot wait to see, include Zebra and Giraffe, Desmond and the Tutu's, Gazelle, BLK JKS, Ashtray Electric, Stepdog, Mr. Cat and the Jackal, Wrestlerish, Bittereinder and Juggernaut. 

Hope to see you all there! 

Link to website : http://www.ramfest.co.za 

No comments:

Post a Comment