Sunday, December 12, 2010

2010 - An overview, Part 1

Hey all. I am starting a new blog, where I will post whatever I want to talk about - read it, agree with it, disagree with it, its up to you. Feedback is more than welcome, negative or positive.

My first post will be to review 2010, according to me. Lets start with movies. Movies of 2010, that stood out for me, in no particular order, are
  1. The Book of Eli
  2. Shutter Island
  3. Iron man 2
  4. Robin Hood
  5. The A-Team
  6. The Last Airbender
  7. Inception
  8. Salt
  9. Step-up 3D
  10. Resident Evil - Afterlife
  11. Life as we know it
  12. RED
  13. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1
  14. Spud
Those are the ones I saw, and stood out for me. My top 3, however, are :

3rd place goes to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows : Part 1. My favourite Harry Potter movie so far. The  main cast is more grown up and believable, the movie has a darker feel to it, and is action packed.

Here is a link to the trailer :

2nd place goes toe Spud. The book was awesome, and the movie even more so. Not 100% accurate to the book, but very much enjoyable, funny, and just a nice feel good movie. Gecko is by far my favourite character in the movie! 


And 1st place goes to Inception. One of the cleverest movies I have ever seen. More than that I cannot say - just go and watch it! 




Have a great day, till the next post.....

2 comments:

  1. Stem saam met Inception!! uitstekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Book of Eli - 7/10 - Was okay, but very predictable. The moment the book was blamed for wars, I knew what it was about, so no big surprise there.

    Shutter Island - 9/10

    Iron man 2 - 9/10

    Robin Hood - 3/10 - Boring origins story. I fell asleep through two separate sittings.

    The A-Team - 7/10 - Cool adaption of the hit tv series.

    The Last Airbender - 0/10 - This movie took the source material, butt fucked it, and puked it out to give us this gross bullshit movie. M. Night can go fuck himself. To elaborate on this will require me to start a blog of my own. FUCK YOU M. NIGHT SHYAMALAN!!!!

    Inception - 7/10 - Good concept, good sequences, stupid ending. There is no deeper story, he was in the real world at the end, and that's it. Don't try to bullshit me with M. Night tactics, I expect better than that Mr Nolan.

    Salt - 3/10 - Boring, predictable. Would've gotten a 5/10 had we seen some Angelina Jolie boobies.

    Step-up 3D - 0/10 - WTF

    Resident Evil - Afterlife - 7/10 - A nice and enjoyable movie in the Resident Evil series, but they should step things up for the sequel.

    Life as we know it - N/A

    RED - N/A

    Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 - N/A

    Spud -N/A


    And you forgot a couple of others:

    MacGruber
    The Other Guys
    Date Night
    Predators
    Scott Pilgrim vs The World

    ReplyDelete