Sunday, March 13, 2011

The last 21 days....

It has been 21 days since my last blog entry. During those 21 days, there were three big events that occurred in my life. The first one of those events, was of course , RAMfest V.



I took the Friday of from work, and left for Nekkies in Worcester the Thursday evening just after 18:00. When I arrived there, I was blown away with the amount of people already on the site! Way more than 2010, when I arrived the Friday morning just after 8:00am. Found friends of mine, and proceeded to set up camp. After a few drinks, I decided to go and have a look at the stages and entertainment area. Wow - it was amazing! I also heard music coming from around the main beer tent area - and found the gem of the weekend - the Mercury tent! Old school rock 'n roll and 80's music played, people partied, and a strange naked guy was walking around. Found a few people I know, and we partied the night away! The Mercury tent continued to provide the crowd with entertainment throughout  the weekend. Thank you Mercury!

Friday morning saw a lot of very fragile people walking around, and LOTS of new faces - they just kept on coming! We waited for other friends, pitched more tents and gazebo's, and drank a bit more. My girlfriend arrived just after 20:00, and then the party really started. I must say, some of the big name acts disappointed a bit.... I think my pick for best act on the main stage for Friday night is probably Zebra and Giraffe or Desmond and the Tutu's.

Saturday morning started out much as Friday morning had - just with loads more people. There were even people camping out on the "Gaza Strip", as it was called. Not My Dog, Van Coke Kartel and Isochronous were beyond great, and even blew the international acts away!

I went to the metal4africa tent a couple of times - great vibe, and good music! Even the electronic pyramid saw me a couple of times, and I must say, I was very impressed! Overall, the whole weekend impressed me - cleaner toilets (cleaner, not clean), lots more food stalls and variety of food stalls, great bar service and just overall a well organized festival! Cannot wait for RAMfest VI.








The second major event, was my birthday. I turned 30. Nuff said - end of that story! The big party is still coming up - will blog after that.

Yesterday, I went to a bachelors. One of the best ones I have been to yet. We started of with Paintball in Jonkershoek. Lots of fun, lots of pain, and even more pain for the bachelor, David Lewis. He wasnt allowed to wear a shirt - only a bright yellow safety vest, and had a cow bell around his waist. Needless to say, he got shot - a lot! After that, he was dressed in a nice little dress and stockings, and we took him to Stellenbosch, we he had to ask for money - he even got money from Bouwer Bosch and Die Straatligkinders!

And just a little side note - I saw the movie Black Swan this week - wow! Great, stunning movie and very disturbing!!

1 comment:

  1. When I initially commented I clicked the "Notify me when new comments are added" checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get three
    e-mails with the same comment. Is there any way you can remove people from that service?

    Bless you!

    my blog best registry cleaner

    ReplyDelete